Pages Navigation Menu

A publication for and about state employees

Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason and Thurston Counties – CFD # 0316258

“Meet Astro – a valued member of the Monarch advocacy program – here to assist child victims impacted by abuse as they begin the process of healing.”

During this time of unprecedented change, our communities have seen an increase in mental health issues, exacerbated by stress of the unknown, changing work and home environments, and financial insecurity. Many have called to see how the Council can help. When someone contacts CACLMT, they progress through a process in order for dedicated staff members to assess a situation so that they can be guided to the program or programs best suited to serve their needs and in which they collaborate to ensure the best possible outcome.

The Community Action Council of Lewis, Mason & Thurston Counties was chartered in 1966. Not only does it continue its effort in the war on poverty by empowering individuals and families, it has branched out through Monarch to advocate for child victims of violence and abuse, which is now located in the CACLMT Family Resources building on Willamette Drive.

In order to support critical programs such as those providing energy assistance, housing, WIC, and the precious work undertaken by the multi-disciplined staff at Monarch, the Council is funded by various federal, state, and private, grants. Additional funding sources include community foundations and collaboration with other non-profit organizations. Our critical programs are also sponsored through contributions by individuals like you.

Of note – 92% of every dollar goes directly to services provided. Leaving 8% for administrative costs.

The folks who have been impacted by the pandemic and other natural disasters are our neighbors. We hope you will join us in our ongoing effort to serve them. Especially the most vulnerable among us – our children.

468 ad